PRELEX provides an alternative to LASIK laser vision correction and other refractive surgical procedures.
- A multifocal intraocular lens (IOL) is used to correct vision for both near and distance.
- PRELEX corrects vision by replacing the eye's natural lens with a multifocal, intraocular lens of the appropriate power for a given eye length and corneal curvature.
- The new multifocal lens implant creates a new visual system inside the eye.
- This provides the focusing power to see near, intermediate and far images with minimal dependence on corrective lenses.
- There is no “training” or learning process. The lens acts like your natural lens and restores your vision to that of your youth.